Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Kevin got up early with Sarah and let me sleep in a bit. I woke up to Sarah coming in the room carrying Stephenie Meyer's new book, The Host. It had two cards in it, one from Kevin and one from Sarah. Then we went downstairs and had a wonderful breakfast Kevin had prepared. We spent the remainder of the day going to church and relaxing around the house.

Now, I would have been happy with just the book Kevin had bought for me but he had something bigger in store. My biggest gift from Kevin was a trip to the salon to get my hair done. I have not been to a salon in nine years and it has been that long since I have even trimmed my hair. With my curly hair I just have not trusted it to others. My appointment was today and I went to a friend of mine. She did an amazing job. I got a weave to lighten my hair up a bit and I had about three inches trimmed off with some layers added as well. I aboslutely LOVE my hair now. It feels so healthy and soft and I love that I can wear it straight. Kevin loves it as well. It was money well spent. Thanks honey for such a wonderful Mother's Day!



8 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

I love the book The Host. It is a little slow moving for the first 100 pages or so, but then it starts to pick up and turns out to be a great book.

I love the new hair. The highlights look awesome! You look great!

Rachel said...

I love the hair. You look amazing! I'm glad you had a good mother's day. You will have to do a book review on The Host. I want to read it too.

Kim said...

Yay! I am excited to see it in person!!! I can't believe you cut THREE inches! :)

Katie said...

Your hair looks GREAT!! Glad that you had a fabulous mother's day..you definitely deserve it!

Unknown said...

I love your hair! Kevin is a lucky guy. You're pretty hot.
Have you read The Host yet? I just started, but I have had trouble getting into it.

brooke said...

Julie, I love it! It looks great. Ever since I had McKenzie my hair is curly and takes a LONG time to straighten. I hardly do it because of that reason. Your pretty pictures are inspiring. You look great! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

wylie said...

You go girl! Seriously, you look hot! I am so glad it all worked out so well! I love the pics of Sarah in the bath. What a cutie!!

Ira and Heather said...

Your hair looks great!!!