Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Then Daddy decided to jump in:
Sarah and Hailey love each other so much. It's amazing how soon that love has manifested itself. They both light up whenever they see eachother and Sarah loves making Hailey laugh. Sarah is also very loving and nurturing to Hailey and helps calm her down by singing to her and telling her that "it's ok" whenever she is upset. I hope they stay close forever.
Posted by Jewls at 7:45 PM
Friday, November 20, 2009
Posted by Jewls at 11:07 PM
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Ok so it is my turn to post on our blog. Today Julie and I have been married for nine years. Holy Cow! Can you believe that? Time has passed so quickly. We were married and sealed in the Bountiful Temple. I remember a family picture that was being taken by Julie’s grandma after the ceremony in which just before taking the picture she says, “Everybody say SEX!” It was funny cuz everyone knew what was going to happen that night. BTW if you are in Salt Lake City and need a place to get away from the noise, look up the Armstrong Mansion (go for the December room – it smells just like Christmas). Now we have two wonderful daughters and are living in the city that was on top of our list for places to live.
Well for Julie today I want to tell her nine reasons why I love her. Now, being the great husband that I am, I have a list that could go on for hours but I would not want to bore you or her with such a list so I have only picked out one for each year that we have been married.
- You are just as HOT and SEXY as you were the day we first kissed on the practice field at Ricks College.
- I have never had a closer friend in my life that I can talk to, cry, argue, makeup, and laugh with.
- You are a great mother and teacher for Sarah and Hailey. They will both grow up to have the same Light of Christ that you radiate.
- You still laugh at my jokes even when they are not that funny. (Definitely important for my ego)
- You always work to be a better person intellectually, spiritually, and physically. This also helps me to want to be a better person. I appreciate the struggle and hard work to make it happen.
- You make my lunch for me. This reason is mainly for my pride. I love being able to tell people at work that my wife made my lunch for me.
- You keep our home a home. I don’t know that I thank you enough for doing the dishes, washing the laundry, folding the clothes, cleaning and vacuuming the house, squashing the scary spiders with big pointy teeth, mowing the lawn, taking out the trash…Boy I really look lazy don’t I? THANK YOU!
- You love the outdoors. This is a huge plus! Our trip to Yellowstone (don’t worry she will post about it soon) was awesome! It couldn’t have been so cool without you to enjoy it with. The hiking, fishing, bird watching, etc are all things I love doing with you and I am glad that you enjoy them as much as I do.
- You know how to make a husband feel proud to be married to the best woman in the world
Now this is not a cumulative list as I mentioned above but this is a list of the things that have most recently been on my mind. I love you immensely and I hope that you have a wonderful day.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
My hair color has always been a funny thing. Growing up I was naturally a blond. As I got older it gradually got darker and darker but I still saw myself as a blond. After I had Sarah my hair had turned really dark and I started doing blond highlights which I loved. Last week I decided to go back to my original hair color. Highlighting my hair was getting to be too time consuming and expensive especially now with two kids. I went a little darker than my natural color and at first I wasn't too sure about it. Now I am really happy with how it came out and Kevin loved it so much he took a few pictures.
Posted by Jewls at 10:40 PM
Sarah loved this little stream that she and Daddy found.
Sarah at a lookout on our way over the continental divide.
It was very cold and windy. She was a trooper!
A marmot that was out on the overlook.
Here is a mother duck swimming with all her little babies.
If you look closely you can see the ducklings walking in front of their mother.
Posted by Jewls at 9:14 PM
So many things happened this Summer that I wanted to blog about but didn't get a chance to. I thought I would give a few highlights.
At the beginning of the summer we got Sarah a little wading pool and Sarah was so excited that the first time we filled it up with water she jumped right in with her diaper and clothes on. Her diaper swelled up to about five times it normal size. I had no idea diapers could hold that much water! It was so dang funny we were laughing about it for days.
Posted by Jewls at 5:21 PM