Friday, April 3, 2009

Valentine's Day

Kevin really came through for Valentine's Day this year. He surprised me by taking me to the opera. It was a first time for both of us and we really enjoyed it. We saw a French opera called The Pearl Fishers. It's a love triangle story about two men who have sworn never to love a particular woman who had come between their friendship in the past. One of them goes back on his word and falls in love with the woman.

Because the opera was sung all in French I was afraid I wouldn't be able to follow it. But on the back of the seat in front of you there are subtitles that you can read and follow what the actors are singing about. The actors put so much emotion into what they are singing about that you can really feel what is going on in the scenes. There were a couple times where I cried because that emotion was so strong. We loved going to the opera and would definitely go back in the future. It was a Valentine's Day I won't forget.

2 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

That sounds like so much fun. What a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Brandon got me a ticket to go see Wicked when it comes to Memphis and I am really excited.

Gramma Judy -- MOM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.