Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sarah's Birthday

I know this was a while ago but I figure it's better late than never. We celebrated Sarah's 2nd birthday on January 31. We kept it pretty low-key and took her to the park that day. It was unusually warm so we decided to take advantage of the opportunity to go outside.

On the way home we passed to local fire station and Kevin pulled in to see if the firefighters would let Sarah look at their fire truck. They were so cool about it and even had her try on a hard hat and jacket. She was swimming in them. Kevin climbed up in the cab with her and she was pretty overwhelmed at how big it was. Sarah had a good time seeing everything and she points out the firetruck any time we drive by.


I can't believe how fast she has grown. In fact sometimes I forget she is only two because she is so capable. Here are some of the things she can do:
  • Count to 20
  • Recognizes all the letters of the alphabet, knows most of their sounds and can say about 1/3 of the alphabet in order.
  • Knows her colors and shapes including octogon which she pointed out to me the other day.
  • She has really begun to use her imagination and pretends her favorite bear, Pinky, is talking to her. She makes him walk around the house and shows him things we see on car rides.
  • She has started to sing. Her favorite songs are Rock-a-bye Baby, Sunbeam, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Popcorn Popping just to name a few. It's so fun to hear her walk around the house and sing these songs. I know someday we are going to hear her singing her heart out while she's on the potty.
  • She loves reading books and is always wanting me to read to her. It's fun to have that special time with her. If she had it her way she would have me read to her at least an hour every day.
  • Loves to help out around the house especially when I am in the kitchen.
  • Gives hugs and kisses all the time and says I love you frequently throughout the day.

Sarah is such a sweetheart and we are so blessed to have her for a daughter. Although it's fun to see her learning new things it's still hard to see her grow up. I wish I could keep her a little girl forever.

3 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

It sounds like she had a great birthday! I can't believe she is two already.

Katie said...

What an absolute DOLL! I will have to agree with the above post..I can't believe that she is 2 already! time is flyin'!

Gramma Judy -- MOM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.