Sunday, April 19, 2009

Giving up Naps

Sarah decided to give up naps about six weeks ago. I fought tooth and nail with her over taking them but finally had to accept that she was going to give them up no matter what. This was a hard thing for me to accept because I am nearing the end of my pregnancy and desperately need the rest in the afternoons. The first week of giving up naps was hard for Sarah as well. She kept falling asleep at the dinner table. The first time she did this it freaked me out a little because she had never done it before and it was like watching a drunk try to eat. I watched as her eyes got really heavy and glossy. She kept trying to eat dinner but couldn't quite get the food to her mouth. Then she tried to take a drink and completely missed the mark. Finally she just passed out...at 5:30pm. I walked her upstairs, put her pajamas on and tucked her in bed. She stayed asleep through the whole process.

She has adjusted now and does not fall asleep at the dinner table. We put her down for bed at 7:00pm and the whole process is so much smoother. She stays in her bed and goes to sleep without a hitch. Thankfully I have adjusted as well and manage to make it through the day without that afternoon nap.

No comments: