Friday, February 8, 2008

Sarah's First Birthday!

On January 31, Sarah turned one year old! I can't believe how time has flown by. She no longer looks like a baby and is all toddler. First we held a small family party for her on her birthday. I made cupcakes and we gave her a rocking horse for her present. It's so cute, it sings a song and talks and winnies. When it sings or talks its mouth moves along with the sound. When we first gave it to Sarah she gigled and laughed at it for 20 minutes. She would wiggle her hips and dance any time it made noise and she kept kissing and hugging it. She hasn't got the actual rocking motion down yet but that will come in time. She still loves it anyway. Her bedtime is usually 6pm (that's always been her choice) and we kept her up until 8pm that night. By the time we got to the cupcakes she had no interest in them and just wanted to go to bed. The next day I tried again and she loved the cupcake that time.

Last Saturday, February 2, we had a big party with all her friends. Kevin made balloon animals for all the kids (he and his mom taught themselves how while Kevin was in high school) and I made a pretty professional looking cake. I bought a star cake pan and a bunch of Wilton's frosting tips and bags. Two weeks before the big party I made a trial cake and practiced decorating it. By the time I made the cake for the party I had some idea of what I was doing. Sarah loved having all her friends there and we had such a good time visiting with everyone.

1 comment:

MK said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! She is a doll. Love the picture hugging the bank!