Friday, February 8, 2008

Back From the Dead

Ok, so here I am again. Sorry about all the time that has passed since I last posted. We got caught up in the holidays and lately I have been consumed with sorting and organizing our home. One of my New Year resolutions is to go through all our stuff that's in storage and hasen't been open in forever and get rid of everything we don't need. It's taking a lot longer than I think. Sometimes I come across boxes full of junk that I have no idea why we hung onto for so long and other times I come across stuff from my childhood and I get wrapped up in going through the memories. I've got a lot done but I still have a long way to go. It feels so good to finally purge our home of unwanted and unnecessary items.

Our Christmas was great. We spent two weeks at Kevin's parent's home in Wichita, Kansas. It was so fun to watch Sarah look at all the presents. When it came time for her to open the presents she was more interested in the wrapping and boxes of course. Her big present that we got her was a walker from Fisher Price that is shaped like a car. Sarah loves it and it has really helped her in learning to walk. Speaking of which she is very close to walking on her own. For a few weeks now she walks everywhere with us as long as she is holding on to one of our fingers. Last week she got brave and has started to let go and take 10-15 steps on her own before she sits down.

Kevin got me an 8gig Zune mp3 player. I LOVE having it. I can watch movies on it if I want to but I mainly use it for my music and audio books. It is so nice to listen to while I am cleaning the house or running errands (yes I am one of those annoying people who listens to it while I drive). But I do keep the volume down so I can pay attention to traffic.

I tried to get Kevin a meaningful gift this year and I think I accomplished that. For his 18th birthday he was given a beautiful print of the space shuttle preparing to launch. It was not framed and has been rolled up in a tube for 13 years. I took it to Michael's and had it framed really nice for him. He loved it so much that he got emotional when he saw it. Mission accomplished.

Anyways, I will try to do better at posting regularly. I know how much I enjoy reading all your blogs and I'm sure some of you have been frustrated with my lack of posting.

1 comment:

MK said...

Do you want to come organize my house? I look around and feel like I need everything, and also want to chuck it at the same time because I am so sick of the clutter! Maybe it runs in the family!