Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today Kevin and I are celebrating our 8th anniversary. When I went downstairs this morning I found flowers and two cards sitting on the table. I don't know how Kevin got the flowers there because it was 7:00am and the vase had condensation on it from being refrigerated. He left for work a half hour earlier and he didn't get up any earlier than he normally does. Anyways, so far it's been a good day. I have spent a lot of time thinking about the day we got married. We were married in the Bountiful, UT temple. We went on our honeymoon to Breckenridge, CO for three days. We spent the time relaxing, window shopping, eating and riding horses. It's fun thinking about how new everything was those first few weeks of marriage. A lot of people say the first year is the hardest and Kevin and I kept waiting for that to come, but our first year was wonderful and it has only gotten better since then.

I feel so blessed to have a husband like Kevin. He treats me like a queen. I never have to ask him to help with housework or making dinner. He is the best daddy to Sarah. She adores him and has him wrapped around her little finger. He is a good provider for our little family and I appreciate so much how hard he works for me and Sarah. Kevin also works very hard around our house fixing things and keeping up with the yard work. He is always so patient with me and always tells me how much he loves me and that I am beautiful even when I have bed head and morning breath. I love the smile he always has on his face and brightens up the room whenever he walks in. He loves to make me laugh which helps me from being too serious, especially when I'm stressed out. He values and respects the priesthood he carries and always keeps himself worthy to hold it. He also works hard to magnify his calling as Elder's Quorum President and puts in many hours of service behind the scenes to the members of the quorum.

The love that we have for one another is so strong and it only gets stronger every day. I love being in love with Kevin and I know that these 8 years will turn into 50 years someday. Happy Anniversary to my sweetheart!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary! 8 years?! Fantastic! You guys really are perfect for each other! We sure miss you guys!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats on 8 years!