Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our Summer in Review

So many things happened this Summer that I wanted to blog about but didn't get a chance to. I thought I would give a few highlights.

At the beginning of the summer we got Sarah a little wading pool and Sarah was so excited that the first time we filled it up with water she jumped right in with her diaper and clothes on. Her diaper swelled up to about five times it normal size. I had no idea diapers could hold that much water! It was so dang funny we were laughing about it for days.



The diaper was so heavy it fell down over her bum!

Sarah has always been fascinated with bugs. Her favorite bugs are rolly-pollies and she would spend hours outside looking for them and collecting them in her hand. Then later in the summer she discovered worms. One day she asked me if she could look for worms so I emptied her pool and put a few shovel fulls of dirt in it for her to sift through and look for them. Well it didn't take her long to find some. She had to show me and thought they were the coolest thing. She kept saying they tickled her.
"Look mom, worms. See?"

My dad and his wife Rebecca got us this double jogging stroller for Hailey's birth and I absolutely love it. It is so nice to take the girls out on a walk and the girls love the change of scenery. When I took this picture the screws for the foot plate had not come yet so it's not on in the pictures.
And of course it wouldn't be Summer without watermelon! Sarah loves watermelon and could probably eat a whole one if we let her.
Over all we had a great Summer. I tried to take Sarah to our community pool as much as possible after just having a baby. She taught herself how to swim with the help of floaties and can now swim in the big pool with them on. She would swim for hours at a time and loved every minute of it. She is definitely like me, we both love the water!

No comments: