Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a quiet Thanksgiving dinner at home. Kevin and I decided we wanted to do our own thing with Sarah this year to get some traditions going. I still cooked all the typical Thanksgiving dishes but it was on a much smaller scale than in years past. Sarah helped me make most of it. She loves to help whenever we cook and drags over a chair so she can see what's going on up on the counter. She got a big kick out of watching me prepare the turkey. We kept asking her what a turkey says and she would get this huge grin on her face and say, "goggle, goggle." It was hilarious.

After dinner we went over to my brother, Brian's house and played Rock Band with his wife Ann and a friend of ours. Sarah rocked out the whole time. She kept jumping around to the music and loved seeing daddy play the guitar. Uncle Brian played the drums and she got right up on his lap and played along with him.

I sang The Eye of the Tiger and got 100% on it, woot! Then I played the drums once...even on beginner it was hard, way too much going on for me.

Our friend Hank sang one of the last songs and he got real close to Sarah and sang right to her. At first she didn't know what to do and backed up a bit. Then she got right back in his face and sang into the microphone with him as lound as she could. We were all laughing.

It was a great day and definitely a memorable Thanksgiving.

No comments: