Thursday, August 28, 2008

Summer Review - June

The month started out great. Sarah and I spent a lot of time swimming at the pool and soaking up the sun. Then on June 14th my last living Grandpa died at the age of 90. He was an amazing man and disciple of Christ. He loved everyone and always made you feel welcome. As my Grandma put it, "He never made you feel broken". He had a very witty sense of humor and was a great story teller. Here is my favorite picture of him:

I made it out to his funeral in Salt Lake. It was wonderful to hear all the stories and memories everyone had of him. I learned things about him I never knew before. He is one of my heroes. I love and miss you Grandpa!

My dad came up for a visit in June as well. He took some time off of work and rode his Gold Wing (that’s a motorcycle for those of you who don’t know) from his home in San Diego up through Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and up into Canada to Banff National Park then back down again. He stayed with us while he was in Colorado and took a number of day trips from our house up to the mountains. On his way back down from Canada my step-mom, Rebecca flew in to Denver and stayed with us a few days as well. It was wonderful having them around and they loved playing with Sarah. It was so cute to see both of them run around and chase her. They are awesome grandparents and Sarah loved their visit. We miss you Grammy and Grampy!

No comments: