Saturday, May 9, 2009

4 Hours Later...

Read previous post first. She posted at 9:10 pm that the baby had not come yet. 4 hours and 10 minutes later she wakes me up and says I'm having contractions. 10 hours and 33 minutes later (11:53am for those trying to do the math) we are holding Hailey Michelle Held in our arms. She weighed 6 lbs 2 oz, was 18.5 inches long and 3 weeks early. Sarah fits that profile almost exactly. The only thing that was different between Sarah and Hailey was half an inch! Sarah was 19 inches long. Both mom and baby are doing great. Sorry I don't have pictures. They are on the camera still at the hospital. I will get them up as soon as I can. This makes for a perfect Mother's Day. Mom and baby get to come home on Sunday. A great big thanks to all those who have come to visit, helped with Sarah, and who have already volunteered for help. You are the best!
BTW - Julie says that I have to tell everyone that I (Kevin) wrote this and not her. It seems obvious but you never know. (Evil Ha Ha Ha)

9 comments:

Katie said...

HOLY COW!! We were due around the same time..and I STILL HAVE THIS BABY IN ME! Ugh! Maybe I should post that my baby isn't here and 4 hours later my contractions with start! HA!
Anyway, we are SOOOOOO excited for you guys and are so glad that everything went well! We are sorry that we aren't there to help, but know that we love you guys! We are waiting patiently for pictures! :)

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congratulations! I am glad everything went well. I love her name. I can't wait to see pictures!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Barry feels like a dork, since he hasn't called you, but we are excited for number 2! Congratulations! We can't wait to see pictures. And whenever Barry gets around to calling you, he will tell you that we are considering coming to Colorado this summer, so we just might get to see this sweet new one in person!

Take Care!

Kendra & Barry

Rachel said...

Very, very exciting! I am so happy for you. I hope all is well and you are feeling okay. And I hope Sarah is taking it well. Isabelle had a really hard time the first couple of weeks after we brought Isaac home. She is getting better and that makes my days a bit easier ... but it is still a juggling act. It is hard to know that you won't be able to give the first one all the attention that they have become accustomed to. Hang in there, it will all work out.

We are just so excited and happy for you. Enjoy every minute ... they get big so fast, darnit!!!

Liz said...

Congrats to the Held Family!!!!! What a special time is your lives! Can't wait to see what she looks like. =)

RWSerr said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Glad to hear that things went well, and that Julie and Hailey are doing well. What a cute name. Let us know if we can help at all!

Rebecca & Ammon

RWSerr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramma Judy -- MOM said...

Hey Sweet, Precious little Hailey Michelle! Welcome to "Your Turn on Earth"! You share a beautiful part of your Mommy's name that we, HER Mommy & Daddy, chose for HER when SHE was born many years ago. -Julie Michelle- You have a wonderful family to help take care of you...and I'm pretty sure your Big Sister Sarah will be a big help for Mommy & Daddy too! Have fun in your new home & enjoy all the Beauty & Love that there is surrounding you! I Love You so much already!! GRAMMA JUDY Ü Lots of Kisses & Hugs too XXXOOO

Gramma Judy -- MOM said...

SARAH!! WOW, You have a Brand New Baby Sister! You will be a Really Special Big Sister, I'm sure! I know you will Love her & Sing to her & Rock her to sleep if she's crying, just like you do with your own Baby-Doll...plus lots of other things to help Mommy & Daddy with little Hailey! I Love You SO MUCH Sarah!! Lots & Lots of Kisses & Hugs to you too!! XXXOOO Love from GRAMMA JUDY Ü